Haya Berman Hakim, President
Haya Berman Hakim has clinical and teaching background in schools, clinics, colleges, and private practice.
Haya has specialized accent modification training from Arthur Compton in Pronouncing English As A Second Language and from the late Sam Chwat in Accent Elimination for Speech Pathologists. She also works as a speech-language pathologist in Montgomery County Public Schools, Maryland.
Despite her foreign-sounding name, Haya is a native of Chicago, Illinois.
Montgomery County Public Schools, Maryland. Works as a speech-language pathologist in Montgomery County Public Schools. Worked formerly in District of Columbia Public Schools.
Speech Improvement Group, Chevy Chase, Maryland. President/clinician in private practice, specializing in accent reduction and stuttering therapy.
University of Maryland, College Park. Adjunct faculty.
St. John’s Community Services, Washington, DC. Worked in this non-profit organization as a speech-language pathologist in special programs for severely-handicapped children at public schools and Head Start programs in Washington, DC.
- Master of Arts, Speech-Language Pathology, University of Maryland, College Park
- Master of Science, Mathematics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, University of Chicago
(University of Maryland, Department of Hearing and Speech Sciences)
- HESP 202: Introduction to Hearing and Speech Sciences
- HESP 403: Introduction to Phonetic Science
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
Certificate of Clinical Competence, Speech-Language Pathology
- Maryland State License in Speech-Language Pathology